1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4,464 mb problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by danadena, Oct 8, 2004.

1. danadena

danadena Member

Hello,
    I have been making (media) backups for a while now. I have always used Memorex DVD+R's, I had nearly a 100% burn rate. I ordered a new batch from Amazon, these are beating me up bad. I now have a 50% rate, the picture shutters, locks up, and the end is cut off. I did notice these discs are a little thinner. Somebody told me to try Ritek Ridata 4x dvd+r to cure the problem. I got them this morning, the shuttering and locking up stopped, but the endding is still getting cut off. I changed the shrink mb from 4464 to 4200 and that seemed to fix that. My system is a Dell 8300, windows XP, Teac DV-W58E. I use dvd dycrypter, shrink 3.1, and nero 6. My questions are, why did this all of a sudden start? Has anybody else had problems with Memorex? I have always sworn by Memorex as I have used them for years and years (cassettes, CD's, VHS, etc.) and the DVD's for about 7 months.
    If anybody has any input, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Danadena

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've posted it elsewhere on AD forums and I'll repeat it for you ... Memorex media is landfill material ! ... The problem is that they change manufacturers of their media more often than I change my socks ... It really is a crap-shoot with them, you may get the best quality or you may just get trash ... You really shouldn't write past 4350 under any circumstances and 4200-4300 gives you more of a safety zone ... RiData branded Ritek media is some of the best for the price ... I've had hundreds of flawless burns using the stuff ...

... Here's a link that identifies media for you ...
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

3. danadena

danadena Member

Thank you very much!!!
    So far after I changed it to 4200, everything seems great. Also switched to Ridata.
    Thanks again,
    Danadena

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... You're very welcome ... and welcome to AD's forums ... there's all you can ever want and a little bit more here ...