1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.6.1.2 UPDATE

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dsabedra, Mar 15, 2005.

1. dsabedra

dsabedra Member

After I updated ANYDVD yesterday. the menu option shows to have strange character and cannot understand what the options are. The only one I know to show the status of DVD in drive is to select where I know "show information" placement is.

2. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

You are asking what?

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have to agree with the above, what are you talking about? What is your problem? What is "the strange character"?

4. dsabedra

dsabedra Member

Well, I prefer to be able to read what my menu options are instead of guessing. The strange characters on the menu option is non alphabetical and are not characters shown on any key on my keyboard. The only option on the menu that is alpha characters is Slyfox.
    I downloaded the update again it did not appear fix the problem.

5. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

ok sounds like a corrupted install. uninstall app, clean the registry (beclean works great, google for it), and then reboot and reinstall.

6. dsabedra

dsabedra Member

Sox2k4,
    Thanks for the advise. Will do.

7. tman7777

tman7777 Guest

Does anyone know how to try out the new version of Any Dvd? I downloaded it and it says that my free trial has ran out.

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

sounds like you already had your free fun. I bought it, and am completely happy with my purchase. Now I'm thinkin about pickin up CloneDVD.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

squizzle,
    CloneDVD2 is good.. I bought it and AnyDVD together so I could save a few bucks :) However you need to try out DVDCopy3 by InterVideo first.. It's very good at handeling compression I was very impressed. They have a free trial also so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Just a thought :)

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If I'm gonna pay for something, it might as well be the best I can get. So I think I've seen a bunch of people (even you I think) recommend CloneDVD2 as the best for compression and video quality, along with the reauthor ability and still keeping functional menus. Is this all true?

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If your going to invest in a backup program, I'm with bbmayo on this one. DVDCopy3 is not ony one of the best (reproduction quality wise) but it's also the fastest software on the market that I know of (at least twice as fast as shrink with quality enhancements applied and the picture quality is as good if not better).

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

squizzle,
    Yes I have reccomended CloneDVD2, but if you ever plan on doing the entire disk or a movie that requires a lot of compression then DVDCopy3 is much better at handeling that task the picture quality is better with DVDCopy3. I actually argued this BroBear one day in here. I was saying there was no difference in quality with either one, but after doing some testing with larger movies and copying the intire disk I saw the error of my way's :) Grant it DVDC3 doesn't give you a lot of options but it does produce a very high quality DVD almost as good as CinemaCraftEncoder, and that's saying a lot!! Just give them both a try before you buy and choose the one you like best thats all that matter's really :) I just thought I would give you another option to look into..

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

thanks man. There's new software coming out all the time and it's tough keeping up with it. And I wouldn't want to spend a bunch of money on crappy software.

14. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Buy Software???? I sheak with terror!!!!!!!! just kidding

15. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

What!!! Nobody has anything good to say about CCE! This prog. will compress better than anything out there
    period......

16. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

I can Highly recommend CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD. These two are just great. First Anydvd is the No 1 for the new protections on the planet and clonedvd2 is also Easy, User friendly, Supports Dual layer and is updated to Complimant Anydvd.

Happy burning to you all

17. squizzle

squizzle Active member

right now I'm comparing results of DVD Shrink, CloneDVD2, and DVD Copy 3. I did the Matrix, as that seems to be the movie everyone uses for their tests. CloneDVD2 went the fastest on the compression followed by DVD Copy 3, DVD Shrink came in way behind with quality enhancements.

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@squizzle

Now take each of your copies and watch them on the biggest TV you have in your house. Put them in a good action scene and use the zoom function on your remote.. Now which copy has the least or no pixilation?

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I don't have a very big TV (27") and my DVD player doesn't appear to have a zoom function, but I will definitely watch them and post the results here.

20. squizzle

squizzle Active member

By the way, AnyDVD 4.6.3.1 is out now.