1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.7GB DVD disc on stand-alone dvd players?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Sage, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Sage

Sage Member

I have a bunch of episodes of tv series recorded on my computer. I'm trying to save some space by putting them on 4.7GB DVD disc but I also want to view them on my stand-alone dvd player. Can 4.7GB dvd disc work on dvd players? If so, what format do I need to make the video files into inorder to show up on my stand-alone dvd player? I've heard some people say mpeg and others say avi?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Generally, yes. They need to be in VOB format and inside a VIDEO_TS folder with a valid VIDEO_TS.IFO file

3. Sage

Sage Member

How do you make a VOB and a VIDEO_TS Folder with a valid VIDEO_TS.IFO file?

4. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

what format is the video on your computer? if it's anything other than mpeg you have to convert it to mpeg with another program first. there's guides on AD and also dvd-rhelp.com divx and avi files will not make a playable dvd on your stand-alone player. you also need a program like ulead movie studio or something along those lines to convert the mpeg to .vob's and you should be good to go.