1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 controllers or 2?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by keeprolin, Jan 25, 2007.

1. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

The one thing Ps2 was lacking is the use for 4 controllers w/o a multi-tap. As a result Ps2 was more of a solo/online console and it was lacking (same house multiplayer) compared to xbox and gamecube. I do not have a ps3 but I know 360 has 2 usp ports and can connect up to 4 wirelessly. Is it the same with Ps3?

2. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

you can have up to 7 contollers connected to the ps3 wirelessly at once. however, you cna only charge 4 via the ps3 at once. you can also charge the controllers via pc if you want tho

3. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

uh idk bout you, but my ps3 can only connect 4 controllers wirelessly, considering theres only 4 channels (you know, the red lights on the top of the controller and when u hold the PS button theres only 4 slots.)
    7 controllers wireless was what sony originally announced but that didn't make it

4. St3ck

St3ck Member

i have a question that may not be able to be answered yet but I will give it a shot....
    When the adapter comes out to connect PS2 controllers to the PS3, they will count toward your total of 7, correct?

5. St3ck

St3ck Member

if you read in the manual it says it will light up two lights on top when you are beyond 4 (1 and 4 will light up on the 5th controller, ect)

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

oh no sh*t. haha I did not know that, I apologize. Thats pretty sweet.

7. ohhshiet

ohhshiet Member

has anyone ever tried 7 controllers? i wonder how the split screen should be...because 4 split screen is already pretty small.... to my understanding...4 controllers and 3 bluetooth devices ie. remote, headset, etc... can someone actually confirm that 7 controllers work?

8. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

You wouldn't need splitscreen on most games that would allow 7 players (i.e. Most Sports Games).

I haven't come across a game that allows seven players, yet, though I'm nearly positive that connecting seven controllers at once will work; just read the PS3 instruction manual.

9. sunset29

sunset29 Member

I read that the PS3 can support 7 peripherals connected via bluetooth, so that includes controllers and anything else that might come out like the eyetoy that could potentially link via bluetooth rather than USB. I think its cos bluetooth can link 8 things and so the PS3 acts as the master one and so can have 7 connected to it.