1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 extra wires in Argon

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by VJR, Feb 19, 2008.

1. VJR

VJR Member

I am going to connect the four extra wires on the Argon on my Wii but I am confused about the fourth one.. in the pictures it says SX+Y+V does this mean I need three wires on that one points once comming from SX, another from Y and the last from V. Or does it mean I bridges all three together on the chip and run one wire.. or last does it mean I can choose only one and must decide which one is the most important to me...

Also has anyone found any Major bugs in the 1.5 beta firmware update... I didn't want to install it unless it was decent.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It means you connect only 1 wire.

If you have a NTSC(U) Wii system you connect a wire to the point on the Wii board as the diagram shows then connect the other end to SX on the Modchip.

If you have a NTSC(J) Wii system you connect a wire to the point on the Wii board as the diagram shows then connect the other end to Y on the Modchip.

If you have a PAL Wii system you connect a wire to the point on the Wii board as the diagram shows then connect the other end to V on the Modchip.

The 1.5 has defiantly made Game Cube compatibility better but it still isn't 100% there. But all Wii backups work perfectly fine.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  3. VJR

VJR Member

I understand and yet I don't understand that last statement. Are you saying you connect the wire based on the kind of console you have or are you saying you connect the wire based on the kind of games you want to play.

I know I have a ntsc kind of system.. since it is in america and the pal is based on Europe. I don't know If I have a NTSC(U) or if it is a J.

But just for argument sake if I have the U kind I just hook up the wire to the SX spot and bam I can now play all types of regions?

If that is the case then I just need to find out which one I have then...

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you live in America then yes you should have NTSC(U) which would be the SX point. To find out and make sure you have a USA based 1 go to System Settings and look at the top right corner it should say something like 3.1U if it is USA or 3.1J if it is Japanese.

But as I said if you bought this in the USA then it should be NTSC(U).