1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 GB stick problems, can any member help me ?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by GCFANATIC, Jun 12, 2007.

1. GCFANATIC

GCFANATIC Member

ok i bought 2, 2 GB sticks off ebay 6 months ago from hong kong yes they are fake, but, they work perfectly i have never had no problems with isos or any other programs booting from the 2 2GB sticks.

now step forward the dreaded 4 GB stick...

my problem seems to be that i have a 1 GB iso limit i could put 3 games on for example 250mb, 250mb, 400mb,= 900mb... but if i were to put another game past this 900mb limit taking it over 1 Gig...the game would show in the psp game menu but will not boot/run... also after this 1 Gig limit the iso's or any files for that matter seem to transfer a hell of a lot faster onto the stick a 1 Gig game taking typically 2 minutes to transfer...

this is frustrating as i can see the games in the iso folder on my memory stick but cannot access them through the psp...

i have tried formatting through the pc and then formatting the memory stick on the psp but to no avail...

is there a soloution to this problem? do any other members have similar problems with the 4 GB stick?

i am going to stick to 2 Gig sticks from now on, but the 4 GB is ideal storage for a winning bid of US $20.50 (Approximately £10.41) including postage i am not complaining !

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Did you buy the 4GB one from Hong Kong? Its the memory stick causing the problem.

3. GCFANATIC

GCFANATIC Member

yes i did, i mean i'm not making a big thing about it or anything i havent even contacted the seller, after all its not worth sending back as it only actually cost £10.41 including postage it will be ideal for transferring files from pc>stick>laptop etc etc...

but its just so frustrating to have all that free space and not be able to use it... i was wondering if there is a fix or a splitter to split down into 4, 1GB parts... for the record it came in a small white envelope, wrapped in cling film, inside the larger sony adapter... no plastic box or anything like that...

like i say i'm not that bothered because it will boot games up to 1 Gig capacity so i can use it to store the 100mb-1000mb iso's...

thank-you for the reply

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Just to put you into perspective: fake 1 gig card cost less than $10 including shipping. Even then, they won't sell.

Also, If the card does not work, seller pays the shipping for returns. Since the item is faulty, whatever seller stated in their policy becomes void. (Ebay policy. You are guaranteed this, assume you used paypal.)

I can tell you exactly what happened. You got this crappy card BECAUSE you were able to get it at such low price. The seller knows which of his card is defective, and send them out according to winning price. This is completely fraud. I say fight back, return that piece of crap and make them pay for any shipping.