1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

400$ down the drain

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by liloutlaw, Mar 14, 2007.

1. liloutlaw

liloutlaw Member

Well, I just got my 1 gig memory stick and a new game. So before I went to play my game I decided to re-downgrade to 1.5. So I upgraded to 2.8 and ran the 2.8 -> 1.5 downgrader. I was watching a youtube video on how to do it. and i noticed i missed a step. the pressing the START button for 2 secons over the xLoader icon. Well when I noticed that i was in the downgrading step. and it was take longer then i expected so i decided to turn off the psp using the switch. DUMB MISTAKE. Now whenever i try to turn my PSP on i see the "sony computer entertainment" logo and the line in the background stretches a bit like normal. So I start reading about semi-bricked PsP's and come across a tutorial on how to unbrick it. So i run it in recovery mode i do everything the tut tells me too and apparently I was missing some files so when i went to leave i pressed a few buttons to see if they would create the file i needed, I ended up flashing my psp (whatever that means) and now when the logo pops up it takes about 20 seconds and then the psp turns off. When i try to run recovery it DOESNT WORK?!

Please help. I can't believe I was so stupid. If I get this fixed I don't think I will be doing any downgrading. Unless I'm feeling brave enough to do so. Which I probably will so yea.

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

its fully bricked then nowt mate. send it back or somet.

3. JPNxEVO

JPNxEVO Guest

dude...that gotta suck...if you downgrade...i don't think you can send it back to sony..sony wont replace it you use hack/stuff like that

4. liloutlaw

liloutlaw Member

thats what i think...
    But what if they don't know =D
    I could always say i was trying to upgrade and didnt get the firmware from the PSP site and apparently it bricked my psp... =D

5. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yeh thats what u should do ;)