1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40x burners: Liteon Vs Teac Vs Plextor

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by burnproof, Apr 29, 2002.

1. burnproof

burnproof Guest

I had more or less decided to go for the Liteon when I saw the review for the Teac CDW540E.

The only drawback seems to be that the Teac can't read leadout.

Can the Teac overburn upto 99 min?

Could someone please provide any info?

2. burnproof

burnproof Guest

Any TEAC owners on this forum?

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I have followed this general rule: Always buy a Plextor. Not a bad decicion, since I am still running with 3 years old UltraPlex 32 CD-ROM.

4. burnproof

burnproof Guest

Thanks.

I'm curious about the TEAC too, since I have one CD burner (Sony CRX11) and plan to buy only one more!

5. burnproof

burnproof Guest

Does anyone know when the 40x P-CAV drives are likely to be released?

6. joshua

joshua Member

I bought the Lite-on, worked great, then started having problems, I burned a data disc and a friend had an error trying to get all the info that was on the disc. I burned some music cd`s and they do not play in my car cd (others do so car can play them) It also takes a long time for it to recognise my burned audio cd`s in my lite-on drive ? Sometimes just says drive not availible ?
    Is there some specific speed I should record with ? The max speed on the discs for instance or should I just leave it at 40x ?
    Any help would be great cos I got it on-line so returning is gonna be a b*tch.

I do use the burn protection.

7. GodFinger

GodFinger Regular member

I recently bought a new PC and a CD-burner with it. MY choise for a burner was a Plextor PlexWriter 24/10/40A. I have had the PC for 4 months now, I have burned a lot of CD's with it, audio-CD's, data-CD's and video-CD's, and I never had any kind of errors nor the burnproof has ever needed to kick in, not to mention having any bad CD's...
    All I'm saying, buy a genuine Plex, and you are off a good start.