1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4gb image with games x copy

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jewsol, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Jewsol

Jewsol Member

i did a search for topics on this but didnt seem to pull up anything. if its a repost, sorry
    k well im trying to write a dvd image to my pc, when it gets to the 4gb mark it says error and just stays at that point. i searched the net and everywhere to see how i could fix that. i keep finding the same same thing, this message .....
    "Check that you have enough hard disk space. If you run out of hard disk space during image creation or try to create a DVD image larger than 4 GB on a FAT32 partition (or 2GB on a FAT16 partition), this error occurs. Enable image file splitting in the expert settings to avoid this error in the two latter cases. "

ok, i dont see any option in the "expert settings" to help me.... maybe im just stupid

so can anyone help me with writing images bigger than 4gb

appreciate any help, thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try dvd decrypter

3. Jewsol

Jewsol Member

worked no problem ! thanks

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hmmmm...It could have been from you having your harddrive set on FAT32 or FAT16.I thinking if you right click on your mouse over the harddrive you are using and click on Format.You can enable it to NTFS which allows images that can be created over the 4gig limit.If you have dvddecrypter and you open it up.It will tell you if your harddrive is FAT32 or NTFS.If it is NTFS you can support more than 4gig if FAT32 it gives the error message saying it only allows 4gig.