1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th Brightness Level

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by 1OFDEM, Jun 5, 2007.

1. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

I've read somewhere that OE firmware is capable of allowing the PSP to attain it's 4th brightness level without the use of the AC adapter. How would I achieve this?

2. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

press the screen brightness button until it cycles to the 4th brightness level.

3. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

fw 3.10-3.40 oe support brightness lvl 4 without adapter or a plugin.
    just push the brightness button 3 times..

4. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Well, I notice that a lot of people either use 3.03 OE-C or 3.40 OE-A. Why are so many people still using 3.03 OE-C? I'm thinking about upgrading my firmware, but I would like to know the disadvantages, first.

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

There really isn't much. Most people who are sticking with 3.03oe because they have custom xmb that will be lost once upgrade to 3.40oe. Also many people are under the believe that "if it's not broken why fix it", despite numerous advantages of 3.40oe. There had are some rumors saying 3.40oe is buggy, but it's never really been confirmed. Personally, I've been using 3.40oe since it came out, and haven't had any problems. (Emu, Psx, custom xmb, etc)

6. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i agree with him. dont u think when u look at ur system information, u see 3.40oe-a. its kinda sumthin but i dont know how put a pic on it. n also its the latest. hahaha.

tis is the ver tht i love the most,ver 3.40oe-a. the 2nd is 3.03oe-c n 3rd is 3.30oe-a'.their names is kinda cool isnt it??probably in the future i may like 3.50oe-a,3.67oe-a, or maybe 3.74oe-a.(i dunno if this 3 is ever gonna come out)

sory 4 this long interuption....heheh

7. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Wider liberary of supported psx game, full-res video support, newer games won't run on 3.03oe anymore, 4th brightness level, just to name a few.

9. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

All right, so now I'm trying to update my PSP to 3.40 OE, so I go to Game/Memory Stick/3.40 OE-A Update Maker. However, I get this message:

Opening and checking 150.PBP
    Cannot open file.

How do I get around this?

10. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

I even set the kernal to 1.50, and it's still not working...

11. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

12. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Does it have anything to do with the fact that I used GBMOD to change my gameboot path to the root directory?

13. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I don't think so.
    Anyway just use the winstaller. It produce the updater for you. Then you just run it under game.

14. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

15. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

I already updated to 3.40 OE-A, but thanks anyway scott2k7. I like this version better because it runs my ps1 games with fewer glitches :)

I messed up again though. I ran gameboot MOD and set the directory for my gameboot to the root of my PSP. The bad thing is...I forgot I didn't have a gameboot there! >_< Now my psp won't start up. I'm guessing my problem will be fixed if I just go to recovery mode, connect through USB, and click and drag a gameboot to the root folder.

As far as my Genesis emulator goes (DGEN), it just won't start up. And why can't I go to fourth brightness when I use homebrew or my SNES emulator?

16. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

When you mess with flash0, you might get semi-bricked. Always keep a back up, so you don't have to keep reflashing firmware.

About, DGEN. Make sure it's in GAME150. I don't have it, so I can't confirm if it works with 3.40oe, though I can't see why not. And I've never heard anyone complaining so.

17. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

It is in GAME150. It very well might be that it is not compatible with 3.40oe.

18. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

I just found out that, in fact, I DID have a gameboot in my root directory after connecting my PSP to my computer via recovery mode. I think I am semi-bricked because I can only access recovery mode, I can't get to the XMB. What do I do now?

19. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Okay I found out that the reason my gameboot didn't load is because I was using the opening_plugin.prx for 3.03 OEs on my 3.40 OE PSP. So first thing's first...how do I get out of this semi-brick?

20. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member