1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4X DVD-R with medicode RITEK M02: Good or bad?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Siem, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Siem

Siem Member

Hi, I'm from hungary and here we have a guy who's saying he is the one and only Ritek Distributor, and several times he is telling some news on his site, usually I think they are fake, but I'm curius about this thing:

[bold]RITEK M02[/bold]

He is saying it's completely bullshit, the worst Ritek ever only worth for dropping into a litterbasket.
    The other side is SVP, they have RIDATA with this mediacode, which is known as official brand for Ritek. But that means for me it's a good quality.
    Who's right?
    The site where this comes from is www.gavi.hu, but it's only in hungarian.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. jase

jase Guest

Ritek M02 are fine, but they're not as good as G04 -- they're based on a cheaper dye formulation.

4. Siem

Siem Member

Thanks for the replies, I red the reviews, and jase if it's a cheaper dye, than why it is Ridata branded? I mean Ridata is known as A Grade, or it's an A Grade as well, only not as good as G04?

5. jase

jase Guest

It can be a cheaper dye and still be an A-Grade disc. The grading system refers to the quality of manufacture, not the dye (which doesn't change from an A-Grade G04 right down to D-Grade or below).