1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 coasters and counting

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by blasted1, Jul 11, 2007.

1. blasted1

blasted1 Member

Right, thanks to you chaps i managed to get to a position where i had a 360 image to burn.

However

the new problem is when i get to burning the second layer it fails.

I have a nec 3550a dvd, this has been flashed with the liggy firmware. I use imgburn. i also wasted 2 verbatim duals.

So i open file with image burn. I cant do a test as it says its not supported. I start it burning and it goes off not a problem. At the point where it switches layer it fails. i then get the i/o spiel about there being a write error. i have also had power problems on other burns. My power supply is not the problem here.

Should i try using clonecd? is the combination of my drive, medium and firmware not good enough for imgburn?

Any ideas people, i cant afford that many discs.

2. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

did you set the layer break to 1913760. you can change that option in the options file. that should work either that or you have bad isos. verbatim are suppose to be the best. so its not the media that's wrong

3. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Does it fail when its trying to switch to the 2nd layer?about 48-52%?My mate had this same problem and the solution still remains unfound. He bought a new burner, that worked ok, then it went back to not working again with the same problem.

4. blasted1

blasted1 Member

All solved, bought a new burner and it went straight through no problems.

5. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

niiice