1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 Good Burns 3 Coasters, Whats going on?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bnevets27, Oct 19, 2007.

1. bnevets27

bnevets27 Member

Just started burning games. And no problems until now. What I use:
    Media: Ridata
    Drive: Benq 1650
    Program: CloneCD/ImgBurn

First one I burned worked with out a problem. Sweet! the next 4 I burned no problems ether. Then on to disc 5, it got stuck at 71%. Tried to cancel and stop it, of course, it wouldn’t. Restarted the comp. Tried burning with ImgBurn, got stuck at 51%.

Updated the firmware to the newest just to see if that would help. I've burnt hundreds of single layer dvd's with the firmware I had so that’s why I haven’t updated till now, hoping for it to help with DL.

Tried again with imgburn, stuck at 51% again. What’s going on?? the first 5 were flawless now I can't even get threw a burn. Tried to burn a single layer movie, no problems there.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Weasrock

Weasrock Regular member

this is my exact problem also. no problems with single layer burns with TY. Only when doing DL burns of downloaded 360 files. mine stops at 48%

3. bnevets27

bnevets27 Member

Have you tried different things to see if anything makes a difference? What drive to you have?

Sorry to sound vague, I just want to know if this is a Hardware, Software or media problem, so I can start troubleshooting.

I don't think media can cause it stop while burning?

4. Weasrock

Weasrock Regular member

not sure what drive, I've never had a problem before. I am using phillips dvd+dl's which may be the problem. I'm burning at 2.5 speed with img burn and clonecd and have the same problems. Like I've said in another post, I'm 50/50 on coasters which really sucks. it has to be something with the DL part either the drive or the discs, I think?

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

6. bnevets27

bnevets27 Member

wow, your right they are crappy. (I guess the cracked disc in the spindle should have tipped me off) I thought they would be ok as they are good dvd5 discs. Oh well off to hunt for some verbatim. Anyone by chance know where to find some in canada??

7. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

I always use verbatim, pioneer burner and clone cd at 2.4 speed and never have problems.

Actually I used to have same problems about 30 burns ago till someone suggested that pioneer is the best for burning 360 games so I went to new egg and picked up a pioneer 112-d for 30$ and it has been smooth sailing ever since.

8. GCFANATIC

GCFANATIC Member

the best discs for the 360 are without a shadow of doubt verbatim, i know they are more expensive but with verbatim it is absoloutley worth the extra money, the cheaper ones allthough some are good do not compare with the value for money and sheer quality of verbatim.

buy a spindle of verbatim i doubt you will have 1 single coaster