1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 Gb hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pyramix, Feb 26, 2007.

1. awelch

awelch Member

Does this guy mean partition not drive? Do I need to find out what version bios my xbox hardware is? Thanks

2. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

You don't need to worry about corruption, your partitions won't be above 350 gigs. You must enable g drive within unleash after you mod it. Format it aswell.

3. awelch

awelch Member

Thanks Burnasty,

So, when you say format it aswell, in unleashX or elsewhere?
    Also, i take it my onboard bios doesn't matter then?

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

unleash has an option to format the drive g in the settings somewhere. I haven't done one in a while pardon me. If you softmodded your box, you most likely have a linux bios.

5. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

ok guys im a bit lost...lol...i have my box softmodded and i have unleash-x as my dashboard....anywho whats the biggest drive i can use???
    and is it very difficult to format???cause i see all these tutorials but they are all completly different from each other...it just throws me off...well any help would be appriciated...thanx dudes

6. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

There is no limit as to how big they can go, except for hardware space reasons,but I've gone as far as a 750GB hdd. As for your softmodding stuff, I couldn't tell ya as I've never done one.

7. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

thanx alot dude...yeah im sure i wouldnt use that big of a drive...but who knows i think it would be pretty kool to have a terabyte harddrive
    i dont know how i would possibly use that space but yeah anythings possible...hahaha

8. awelch

awelch Member

Hey Guys,
    Got my 500Gb Seagate drive, copied all the files from my old (softmodded) drive, put them in the correct places in xboxhdm, created the iso, burnt it with nero properly, hooked up the hd, set up it up from scratch with my f drive, then rebooted the pc, and locked the drive properly.

Installed in my Xbox nicely, but when i turn it on, it boots the microsoft dash and I can't do jack.
    Any ideas? I've rebuilt the drive twice, same result.

Unfortunately I bought the Xbox already softmodded, so I dont have the tools to softmod the new drive.

Please help, I've been on this for hours.
    Thanks

9. awelch

awelch Member

Okay, all fixed!

It was the shadow partition I had copied, thinking it was the c drive.
    I borrowed a mate's 007 game and used the exploit with dash to ftp to the real c drive.
    After I had rebuilt it XBMC didn't run that smoothly, and the video player did not work at all.
    I copied my XBMC backup over the top in the unleashx dashboard and it fixed everything. Works to perfection, very fast too.

To summarize, a successful 500gb HD install in a softmodded xbox!
    Thankyou for everyone's help. It is very much appreciated.