1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50hz problems...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bynoe, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Bynoe

Bynoe Member

Hello, I recently purchased a flip top case for my PS2 and the swap magic 3.3 discs and I've been able to back up my games fine but I have run into a slight problem with imports, basically I have a 50 hz TV and my import games obviously run on 60hz, this leaves me with 2 choices at the moment, A) play games in black and white with part of the screen cut off, B) play games in super slow motion with a boarder that takes up about 1/4 of my TV (no exaggeration) so basically, what would you recomend I do? (the cheaper the solution the better =D)

2. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Maybe I'm stupid and missed something, but you said that you have Swap Magic 3.3, right?

Well, Swap Magic actually lets you decide what mode to boot them in. On the big-ass menu screen, you're given the options "Load Game" and One right below it to change your TV boot settings.

Have you tried changing it to "PAL" rather than have it run on NTSC? Or the other way around?

Play around with the TV options that Swap Magic gives you, because I'm pretty sure that SM fixes that for you.

Well, this is just a guess. All my backups are of NTSC games, and I've had no problems with it.

3. Bynoe

Bynoe Member

Yes I am using swap magic and though it does offer you a 50hz options it is a slowed down version of the game with huge boarders, well pehaps it is only the case with certain games, I'm not sure but it is certainly true of the Tekken 5 demo which I have tried out on it.