1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5mbs modem 4kb bit torrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ptt, Mar 8, 2005.

1. ptt

ptt Member

hey guys this has probably been brought up already but i can't find it anywhere, i've been looking all over the place. well anyways i have a 5mbs modem from Rogers and when i dl off bit torrent i only get around 4 kb. off normal ftp and http sites i get at the least, 650kbs, which i find very strange. i've tried forwarding my ports, opening the half-open ports allowed by xp pro sp2, absolutely everything, but they don't work. my cousin, who lives around the same area, has a 3mbs connection and gets over 150kbs on torrents, which i find even more strange. i was wondering if anyone knows what's wrong, and if it could me my isp that's blocking ports from my modem, and if it is how do i fix it?

2. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

most likely it's not on your end. try downloading the same torrents your coz is downloading. It could be that the torrents u download have no people sharing the file. If that's not the problem post back.

3. ptt

ptt Member

yeah i've tried that right now im download devil may cry 3, and have 15 seeds and a lot of leeches, but im only downloading at around 5kbs now. i was reading on a forum that a guy only had 10 seeds and downloaded at 290kbs, that's insane!

4. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

r u behide a firewall or router?

5. ptt

ptt Member

i've got a router and forward the ports from 6881-6999, and i turned off the firewall.

6. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

if u have xp service pack 2 u have a firewall on in the background. It's in the security center in the control panel. turn that off.

7. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

8. ptt

ptt Member

thanks c4iscool, i know that sp2 has a background firewall and as i said before i turned it off, i am now going to try and follow the instructions from the site that you gave me, hopefully that will be the answer. thanks again