1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 hours of searching, have to post! PSP homebrew..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by djascend, Jan 20, 2007.

1. djascend

djascend Guest

Can anyone please help me!?

Iv been searching for hours, my eyes don't work properly anymore!

I have a PSP that my friend downgraded to 1.5 for me, running dev hook and its always been fine playing .iso's.

No yellow writing on the m/b either, I think it was 1.51 or 1.52? Not really sure, my friend had done his already, so I let him do mine! :)

Now I see the homebrew scene has kicked off, I'd love to play res evil 3 (ps1 popstation) and run some emulators for snes ect...

I have all the files d/lded already to play but none of them will work with my current setup..

Iv read all about dark alex's 3.02 OE-A, 3.02 OE-A' and 3.02 OE-B and d/lded them but I come to the text file's....

"Get the 1.50 and 3.03 sony updates, and put them in the oeupdatemaker folder with the names
    150.PBP and 303.PBP."

At this point I dont have the 1.50 update do I, is it a file I find via google (tried with no luck)?? Sony doesnt have 1.5 on it's site that I could see anyway..

My point is, what do I do from here to run dark alex's fw?

I have 1.5 showing in system, I formatted my 2gig card too so it's ready and fresh..

I don't wanna ruin my PSP obviously an I'v hit a brick wall (no pun intended) I don't usually have a problem I need to post, I normally find it somewhere else first.. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it..

Thanks (more info is better than not enough, hence my ramblings! lol)

DJ Ascend

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Here's a little collection of PSP downgrades / upgrades I put together :
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12691043/PSP_2.71_Downgrader_and_Updates.rar

Ive used these exact files on 9 PSPs and had 9 successful with no probs, but Ive been going to 3.02OE-A first then to 3.03OE-A then to 3.03OE-B.

Download the files and extract. Get the 3.02.rar file and extract the 302_BASIC_Installer_150.exe. Use that to update to 3.02 OE-A....the files will Auto Install for you.

Once thats done delete the contents of PSP/GAME folder. Then create a folder called GAME150 in the PSP folder and put the contents of the 3.03 Auto Installer.rar in the GAME150 folder. Run that update.

Once thats done delete the contents of the GAME150 folder and put the OEB_UPDATE folder from 3.03OE-B.rar into the GAME150 folder. Run that update and you're done.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  3. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Oops...double post.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  4. djascend

djascend Guest

Awesome stuff, I quickly skimmed it all, now gonna try it out...

BIG thanks for taking the time, I'll re-post soon as Iv tried it an let you know how I got on.....

:) :) :)

5. djascend

djascend Guest

I'm on ntl (whack!) Cant grab that rapidshare file bro!

"Your IP-address 213.107.224.18 is already downloading a file. You have to wait until it is finished."

I'm certainly NOT downloading anything! Stuck behind ntl's 'anti fileshare rubbish'... doh!

What shall I do, any other way to get it please?

6. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Just go to psp updates and download all the files there. The upgrader and the 1.5 and 3.03 eboots.

7. djascend

djascend Guest

Total MAGIC!!! I'm over the moon, thanks guys, you've helped me get up an running, playing US FFtactics as I type this (yes I do own the orig!) Sooooooooo Happy, You guys OWN!

I'll be back to help others once I've played this an worked out the emulators ect...

Thanks again... Legendary!!!!!!!

DJ Ascend :)