1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

61" RCA Scenium. Image Burn in

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by joe33333, Mar 1, 2005.

1. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I have a RCA Scenium Projection TV. I am curious, if I play a lot of video games on it will it be prone to image burn in. I know that in the manual it says not to play them but does that just mean don't leave it on for 48 hours or should I really not play them?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Will only be a problem if the screen image is static. Constant changing screen images cannot cause a burn in on the screen - you'll be fine mate

Chris

3. MarkGil

MarkGil Member

I believe that RCA is a DLP projection ?If so no Burn in issue at all,static image or not. Burn in is an issue with plasma and CRT tube because it is the phosper that gets "burned" , In reality it doesnt really burn,it ages at an accelerated rate compared to the phospher around it,causing a ghost image. No issue with DLP or even LCD for that matter.

4. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

It's not a DLP, that was the next model up. I'm just saying, a game like GTA:San Andreas. There are some static images but for the most part it's movie. I know some games are made for these kinds of TV's and the Static images are actually moving a very small amount but I am not sure which ones.