1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7.7.5.1 - is it Update or Demo?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by SiberLynx, Feb 25, 2007.

1. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Hi Guys,
    I have Nero 7.5.9.0 on XP Pro SP2
    I went through Update Check and it was available.
    After 2 little initial downloads (3/5MB -engine check... and things)
    Nero reported Connection Problem. I tried several times including running without any FireWall and other security progs in the background. The same result at the same initial stage of Install.
    So I downloaded 190MB Nero-7.7.5.1_eng_update.exe from Nero
    This one only gets to "...older version has to be uninstalled...You may need to restart when prompted ...." You know. After confirmation it goes through initial stage and then disappears silently.
    The "leftovers" would be fully unpacked installation set (570MB) in my Temp directory. Here is a question: Why the directory name is NeroDemo12065? It looks Very suspicious.
    And the other question: what is actually wrong with this update?
    Thanks in advance
    Any help is highly appreciated
    Regards

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I would guess you have a partial update which is causing problems. Run the clean tool for Nero 7 and reboot, then reinstall using the download. You should have administrative priviledges.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Clean_Tools.html

If you have problems downloading, and some folks do using the ftp site, there is an option for using HTTP. The updater is supposed to use this option if necessary.

3. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Hi Saltgrass,
    Thanks for a quick reply.
    I can do all that but again what about Demo prefix?
    What will happen with existing Serial #?
    Because of the Demo-terminology I was thinking I'm getting upgrade and therefore - trial :)
    Thanks again

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't think there is really an update or trial version separately. Just make sure you have your serial number and enter it when asked. That will turn it into a non-trial version.

If you do a custom install, you can choose which utilities are installed. There may be some you do not want, or may want to wait until later to add. You can also pick which files you want associated with Nero and not other software.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  5. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Thank you Saltgrass,
    All went fine (almost).
    New Nero was reinstalled as a full version.
    By "almost" I mean: Custom Setup completely ignored my choceses. I did NOT want NeroHome media management, BackUp, Burning Rights... but as a result I have all of those installed :-(
    There are things to test in this new version and redo some Reg tricks (if necessary) like ShowSingleRecorderSpeed etc. but at least it is writing data DVD-RW now as we speak.
    Cheers!
    My best regards