1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

708a vs 880n

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by sk2626, Apr 8, 2004.

1. sk2626

sk2626 Member

I'm looking at two drives and wondering if anybody can give me a recommendation. Which is better, the TDK 880N or the Plextor 708a?

2. MrSpeed

MrSpeed Guest

I have the Plextor 709A and have been very happy with its performance. This drive comes packaged with Roxio software but work fine with Nero6. When picking CD or DVD burner always go check and see if the software you want to use fully supports that drive. In this case Nero lists the Plextor drive as supported even though it comes will Roxio.

3. edgex

edgex Member

I have the TDK 880N and it is awesome. I believe that plexor and the tkd share same internal components. so they should be comparable. the tdk also had the roxio software with it. I don't recommend it. Nero 6 is the way to go. roxio and nero don't play nicely together. I have burned 100 backups with the TDK880N and Ritek DVD+ 4x and just recieved my rebate check for $30.00 US. All perfect backups. The TDK will also be a little more gentle on your pocket. www.tigerdirect.com had the best prices for the TDK880n. Good luck and welcome to the club...

4. Reader650

Reader650 Member

I have read reviews of both, they are very similar and do share some components. I currently own the Plextor and am extremely happy with it, they also have a 12x model now.