1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

720p x264 single 8.4GB file on a single DVD+R DL: common?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Adidas1, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Adidas1

Adidas1 Member

Hi,

So basically I have this nice set of 720p x264 files in mkv or wmv containers. My question is : is it common for people to burn this on DL discs?

The reason I ask is because I found most of my burning to fail miserably (error while writing, impossible to seek via VLC, crapping out while playing upon layer change) on my philips branded disc, and the only recommend ones to be the Verbatim ones. But the verbatim ones are also twice the price (40gbp for 25pcs).

There's very little discussion on the subject on net, and some burning software don't even handle 4.2+ sized files, so I'm starting to wonder if there's any point for me to try to burn such files or if I should wait for the technology to improve. IE, maybe what I'm trying to do is not ready for prime time yet?

Any tips from advanced users? Any of you maintaining collections of high quality 720p content on DL discs without a problem?

EDIT: i use an asus 1814blt latest firmware.

TIA! :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Do you use ImgBurn?