1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

720pVS1080i

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by MouseX, Sep 23, 2007.

1. MouseX

MouseX Member

hi am just curious as to which of the two you guys use. i personally use 1080i but i've read somewhere that it's not always better than 720p and really it depends on the tv they're using. currently am using my lcd monitor for xbox360/pc. it can display both 720p and 1080i but which one should i use? i got an westinghouse LCM-22w2. thx

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, personally i use both. My TV has what is known as "native" mode which switches the TV to the resolution that the HD program was meant to be viewed in. You really can not tell much if any difference between the two. For gaming it is always at 1080i on mine but my TV also has a game mode to enhance the picture, sound and processing of the picture so not sure what difference you would see on a normal TV. But i would assume you would not see a big enough difference on most games that it would really matter much.

It also depends what sort of connection you use like component cables, HDMI or VGA

3. MouseX

MouseX Member

i just got the monster cable(comp.) for me both looks the same. but i've been playing mostly with 1080 so i'll try 720 see how it goes. thx

4. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

isn't 1080p better than both?

5. simis69

simis69 Member

my buddy has an 37 LCD i have A 32 lcd, i loaned him a 360 game and i went to go check out his tv and i would say at 720p it didn't look as shinny as 1080i, the reason i say that is when he played the game, i said it didn't look as sharp as mine and was missing the shinny sweat that the boxers have in fight night R3, i he said it set to 720p and that you wouldn't notice a difference, so i ask him to turn it on and it did have just that little glimmer more at 1080i and if you didn't know to look for it, you would never notice.