1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

720x480 (3:2 aspect) mpeg video DVD burning question w/ NeroVision Express.....?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jo8243, Mar 16, 2005.

1. jo8243

jo8243 Member

I am trying to back up some home videos and old VHS tapes to DVD by recording them with my replayTV, then downloading the video files from the replayTV to my PC, then burning the mpeg video files to DVD using NeroVision Express 3.

Everything works great, but the videos that the replaytv gives me are 720x480, which is a 3:2 aspect ratio. When I burn them to DVD and play the DVDs back, part of the image is not shown on the TV since it isn't 4:3 aspect ratio.

What can I do to make NeroVision Express burn the files to an aspect ratio that my TV can display?

Thanks!

2. onepiece

onepiece Member

Hey all, I'm having the same problem when I try to burn with Nero Vision.

The files I wanna burn are 720x480, and Nero only gives me the options of 720x480, 704x480, 360x480 when I select 4:3 aspect ratio, so in short the top and bottom of the episode is cut off just enough so I can't read the subtitles. Any ideas on how to make it fit my tv screen?