1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

77001 mod chip questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by agi66, Jan 14, 2007.

1. agi66

agi66 Member

Hey, guys, I've been here for several weeks. Thank you for your infos here.
    I am going to have a new ps2 ver. 77001, and I want to buy a modchip which I will diy with to my ps2.
    I have several questions:

1.Is Crystal Chip ENOUGH for this console? Or do you think MI is better?

2. Is mod-chip.com a trust worthy website to buy such chips as MI or CC? Or can you recommend me a good one?

3. Cuz 77001 has no IDE chip now on the mobo, I dont need to buy a SMZ modchip, right?

Im gonna do it by myself though i never did this before. But I will practice first untill i have enough confidence.

Thank you.

2. agi66

agi66 Member

And I am confused with Ace-guides thread on top.
    He mensions -Action Replay MAX(V 3.36 was used) and -MAX Media Creator(included with Action Replay MAX). I dont know whats that.Is that a something I must buy from some website? Can i download and burned for it?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

1.Is Crystal Chip ENOUGH for this console? Or do you think MI is better?
    Depends on what you want really. Both are great choices. The Crystal Chip is a better choice for online gamers. The DMS4 Pro is better if you use cheats or want to run a hard drive. And the Matrix Infinity is a great chip too.

2. Is mod-chip.com a trust worthy website to buy such chips as MI or CC? Or can you recommend me a good one?
    I have never used them, Teammodders.com is the only place i get my work done and i think they either sell chips now or will soon. I know they install them.

3. Cuz 77001 has no IDE chip now on the mobo, I dont need to buy a SMZ modchip, right?
    I have absolutly no idea what this question is suppose to be about?

4. agi66

agi66 Member

thank you steimy.

it is said that Sony has removed the IDE Control from 77001. So i can never use any HDL in that console now. and thus DMS4 will not be my favorite choice.

And some people don'g recommend to use swap magic, is it still true for the model 77001? Does that mean, when I use a swap magic, I have to insert it each time I boot up the backup?

the top thread Ace's guide, is too complicated for me to understand. Does that mean if I have a swap magic, I can do something and then I can boot up my backups each time only with the memory card? If so, I would rather have a swap magic, right?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

swap magic is cheap and a pain in the butt.
    Yes, you have to run swap magic every time, then swap it for your back up. And ther are other things that are annoying, like it can not play DVD9 (dual layer) back ups at all. Some games will have to be rebuilt to work. And you will need one other mod to use with swap magic like an aftermarket flip top.

If you have a slim model you can not use a memory card exploit, that is only for the older fat models.

6. agi66

agi66 Member

Anyone knows the difference between Crystal Chip 2.0pro and CC 128k 1.0?
    CC2.0 is over 50 bucks. Is cc1.0 enough for me for the 77001?

7. steimy

steimy Active member