1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8.5 DL will not finalize

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by GuyJON, Dec 5, 2007.

1. GuyJON

GuyJON Member

My two burners on my computer work fine for everything, but when it comes to burning a 8.5 dual layer it won't finalize. I have tried plus and minus, and still it always hangs toward the end. I went to bed burning it and woke up showing that it practically hung all night long. Got any leads? Thanks, Jon

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

What media are you using? Verbatim +R DL is the most problem free.

What are the makes and firmware versions of your burners?

What burning engine were you using?

At what speed were you burning?

3. GuyJON

GuyJON Member

Thank you for responding..

I have used Fujifilm DVD+R DL and GQ DVD-DL. I have been able to use them for standard 4.7 gig burning with no problem, but it won't work for the 8.5 like they say and it hangs towards the end of the movie.

I have an HP and Memorex burners on my computer and I have tried both.
    I am not sure on the speed, I will have to check that, I think I may have put it on automatic. What do you mean by the burning engine?
    Thanks for your help!

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Burning engine = program you used to do the burning like ImgBurn or Nero.

http://www.imgburn.com

For DL burning it's very important to have your burner's firmware up to date. If you have ImgBurn (free), put it in Write mode (under the Mode menu) and place a DL disk in the burner. Make sure the burner is selected as the one to be used for the burn. In the top line of the righthand column will be listed the burner name and a 4 character string after the name which represent the burner firmware version.

Post the first line in the righthand colum back to this thread as well as what's listed beside Disk ID: further down the RH column.

Do this for both burners.