1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Screw FlipTop compatible with V1-V3 PS2???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mortmain, Aug 30, 2004.

1. mortmain

mortmain Member

I have got a 10 screw V1-V3 PS2 and I was wondering whether I can some how modify a 8 screw V4-V8 fliptop to match? Is there much difference between the two fliptop covers other than the extra 2 screws? Is it possible to just screw in 8 of the 10 screws?
    If someone could help me out here it would be much appreciated :)

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

I used a v4 lid to make my flippy which was fitted to a v5 ps2, I had to make some alterations to it to get it to fit, but they were mostly trimming down, there is one area where the screw peg on the lid was missaligned with the hole on the base, but I got over that with brute force, the other thing is that a v4 has a cut out in the lid where the sticker is that has the scph# on it, v5 and above (as far as I know) don't have that cut out, cause that part is on the lid not hte base.

follow the link in my sig' and scroll down the page and you will see what I mean.