1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 x Vs. 16x Verbatim

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by FiremanDB, Jan 12, 2007.

1. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Does anyone have an opinion? I usually always burn my DVD's at 4x anyways, so speed rating doesn't really matter to me. I am going for pure burn quality not burn speed, so is there a difference between the 16x and the 8x Verbatim DVD+R's? Does one seem to burn more consistantly better than the other or does it matter?

I am looking to buy some Inkjet printable Verbatim DVD+R's and was just wanting to know if there is a difference in quality between the two before I buy them.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

I use the 16x because they are always on sale. I don't see any difference in quality.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Depending on your burner,you may have to up the burn speed to 8x for MCC-004 media. Verbatim 16x media was designed to be burned faster. Don't go below 4x or you may get loads of crc errors like I did.

8x for me on the MCC-004. The +8x are MCC-003 and are very good,but getting harder to find. Both are top notch stuff.