1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80020148 error

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by wippudaeu, Jan 3, 2008.

1. wippudaeu

wippudaeu Member

ok i know you guys must hear this message a lot and please just dont link me to other threads cause ive read them all.

ok here is the problem. I have a fat psp version 3.71 m33-4 complete with the addon for the 1.5 kernal ver.2 and the 1.5 update in my root.

i am trying to run a .cso (located in to ISO folder also in the root) and when i run it it pops up with "game could not be started. (80020148)"

in my recovery menu i have the 2 advanced settings disabled and the UMD mode is on (Sony NP9660 -No UMD-). Everything else is Disabled except for "use vshMenu". Kernal is at 1.50.

There it is and i have no clue what to do. Please help

Thank you.

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

Holly what game are u trying to play┬┐?

3. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

usually this error happens when you try to run a game with higher fw than you have, but this can't be the case as 3.71m33 currently runs all games.

therefore the other way this happens is with fake or dodgy mem sticks...what happens when you click triangle when on the 'memory stick' icon on your psp? the 'information' should say MagicGate: Supported

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Try a different rip of that game-That error you are getting means you are missing something in the cso..Or an unsupported PRX-Thats kind of a generic error code..But I would try a different copy of that game for sure...Are you having problems with other games? Or just that one?

5. wippudaeu

wippudaeu Member

ahhh ok. First of all, I am trying to run metal slug anthology.

for the magicgate support, it says UNKNOWN so that looks pretty bad.

6. wippudaeu

wippudaeu Member

but wait, other games do work like manhunt 2, warhammer squad command, d ungeons and dragons tactics, ff tactics...so i dont know if the mem stick is the problem. I will try to get another cso of metal slug