1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80020148 errors

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gingko66, Jan 23, 2008.

1. gingko66

gingko66 Guest

Hi,

I have CFW 3.03 R+, and can run older .iso's, but newer ones throw this error.I also tried to upgrade my CFW to 3.40, and it gave the same error when I tried to run the updater.

Can anyone help me?......I have pretty much all disabled in recovery console as well.

Thanks,
    Gingko

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

ok your best bet is to upgrade to 3.52m33-4 then you can install 3.80m33-5 that way you will be able to play newer iso's.
    use this easy installer to put the files on your psp http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ziefh

3. gingko66

gingko66 Guest

Thanks, I will try that.I had a hard time opening that link though.Also, when I tried to upgrade before to 3.40, it gave the same error(80020148).......

4. gingko66

gingko66 Guest

Sorry, I tried it like 6 times, and I got in.I will try the 3.52 installer now.Thanks for the help.

Gingko

5. gingko66

gingko66 Guest

OK.The installer is a beautiful thing, it put the files there but again when I tried to run the 3.52 update it throws the same error....the game could not be started 80020148......

Please advise.........

Thanks,

Gingko

6. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

Ok try this, go into recovery mode (hold r shoulder button down whilst booting up) go to configuration and change the kernel.
    Then exit recovery and try again

7. gingko66

gingko66 Guest

Ok..........The update ran now, I hit the x like it said, but now just says please wait..........Please Help.Do I have to switch the kernal back?.......

Thanks,

Gingko

8. gingko66

gingko66 Guest

Sorry,

Geez I got nervous.....I works fine now after another reboot.I shows CFW 3.52 M33, I am going to test a newer .Iso.......I really appreciate your help

Might I be brave enough for 3.80?......

9. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

thats upto you if you want to goto 3.80m33-5 http://dark-alex.org/

but you will need to install the 3.52m33-4 update before you do anything :)

10. gingko66

gingko66 Guest

Sorry if I'm a pain, but could someone direct me to the 3.52-4 update ?.......Thanks Much

Gingko

PS, tried a few newer games and they work GREAT!!!

Thanks

11. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

posted a link to it in my last post lol