1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80g hd may have virus

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jrock, Apr 24, 2005.

1. jrock

jrock Guest

i am looking at someones computer and have come to the conclusion that there hd has a virus on it or it is bad. first thing is they never had an anti-virus program on it. when i try to do some things on there system, after about a minute the computer just freezes. it won't even let me go into safe mode. i was able to download an anitvirus program on the system. butit won't let me run the program.
    question i have is can i hook this hd up to my system as a slave drive on try and run an antivirus program on it, or should i just leave it alone becuase if it does have a virus it will spread to my master hd?? also how can i get the info off of the bad hd that is still there, or is that info gone forever?? i know that this thread was kind of long, please forgive me...

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if have a spare hd, load windows, antivirus & antispyware programs on to it than put the sick hd as slave so can do scan. if have no spare hd than set sick drive as slave onto your computer & run everything in safe mode but make certain your antivirus & antispyware are up to date before you install the sick drive