1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

╪╪╪I've figured out whats wrong. I just need help.╪╪╪

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by sharksta, Jun 18, 2007.

1. sharksta

sharksta Guest

yesterday i was looking at forums on how to update my UnleashX softmod. i came across the http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php tutorial. when i got into distribution.xbins.org i downloaded the update but i also downloaded a lot more files.

i downloaded 30 files. the first app i put on my xbox was Config Magic. i opened the app on my xbox and i thought i knew what the program was for, but i was wrong. it said "unlock hdd", i thought that meant unlock hdd so i could get more memory. after i unlocked it, my xbox was fine and then my mom told me [im 14 by the way] that we were going out for a fathers day dinner.

so before i left i opened flashfxp and i dragged everything i wanted on my xbox to the xbox side. and made sure they would go into the right folder on my xbox. then i left and came back a couple of hours later.

my xbox was fine and i was looking through everything that i put on my xbox and i decided to play a game, so i went onto starwars [its one of the games i chose to put on my xbox]. and it froze so i turned my xbox off and back on.

when i turned my xbox back on i got the message. "Service Required" blah blah. and it had the number 5 in the top left corner.

i searched forums and found out what 5 means. and it means that my hdd is unlocked. which i did myself. hah.

i downloaded slayer 2.7 and i tryed to burn the ISO file. i burned it using Nero, Sonic Record Now and DVDFab. but i was burning them onto CD-R's. so i tryed burning it again using DVDFab onto a DVD-R. that didnt change anything.

i tryed all the discs in my xbox. putting them in, turning it off and on. repeating multiple times. not one of them worked.

so if anyone could help me on that part id much appreciate it.

thanks in advance.

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

did u make a backup of your hd?

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You're stuffed champ! You need an eeprom reader or a Modchip!

4. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

no since its softmodded, if he doesnt have a backup he can do a hotswap and there wil be a backup f his eeprom in the e drive.

5. sharksta

sharksta Guest

because my PC wont realise my xbox HDD is connected i put it back into my xbox.

when i tured it on i got 07 instead of 05.

Service Error 07
    Info: Harddisk timeout.
    Solution: Check the IDE Connection/Cable and check the Power Supply.

the power and IDE cable are in all the way and everything.

does my xbox HDD not work anymore or something?

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Ouch...

Try the hotswap method, you 'MAY' be able to get it to read, but we'll see. You need to recover the 'eeprom.bin' file! Then use xboxhdm to re-lock the drive.

Error 7 is a dead HDD, unless you were extremely brutal with it, it should recover via xboxhdm or Explorer360, just keep trying!

7. sharksta

sharksta Guest

ive tryed so many times.