1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A BATTERY problem-anyone know something about batteries?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by PetahG, Jun 27, 2007.

1. PetahG

PetahG Guest

Hello..I've got a problem that I would need a solution to within 1 day..lol.
    Anyways, I have a DCR-SR60 digital camcorder and currently in it I have a NP-FP50 Lithium ion battery. Now on ebay I bought a NP-FP90 lithium ion battery which is much stronger and it is suppose to be able to replace my battery. Unfortunatelly it doesn't let me do that. I put the new battery in and after about 7 seconds, the camcorder just shows me a message to put my other battery in and then the camera just shuts off.It doesn't let me charge the battery either, even though it is alreday charged.
    NOw what im asking u experts is...is there anyway to get this battery to work on my camera, maybe you know some kind of a trick or maybe i dunno.
    I understand that it is not working because the battery is not the exact brand made by sony but if you know something about it plz tell me.
    Thnx any advice is great.
    PetahG

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

I don't trust anything on EBay!!

3. PetahG

PetahG Guest

lol...that doesn't really help

4. whassup

whassup Regular member

There's a good chance the battery you bought off EBay is dead. You're using the right battery series so it's not a compatibility issue.