1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of Advice Please

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by TinyGiant, May 16, 2007.

1. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

First, thanks to anyone generous enough to reply. I want to get a few movies off my HD that are over 4.7 gigs onto a DVD+R. I ripped the movies with Decrypter no problems, but when I try and get the files into SHRINK it wont work. I get a message saying "Invalid File Name" when I try and drag the file in and "System cannot find file specified" when I try and use the open file button. What did I do...or not do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

All I can think of is that you used Decrypter in the "ISO Write" mode and made .iso files.
    To open an .iso in Shrink, click File > Open Disc Image. Browse for the .iso and click it.

If you used Decrypter in the "Files" mode then you should not have a problem using the Open Files icon and clicking on the VIDEO_TS folder to open a movie.

Hope this helps. If not, then I'd like to know what the file extensions are of the files you are trying to open and what the name(s) of the movies are.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

4. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

I checked decrypter and have been copying my DVDs in IFO mode. My friend said IFO is what I wanted to copy them as, was he wrong? Anyway, I was messing around and got "Fear and Loathing" into DVD shrink. When I first dragged it into Shrink I got the same invalid message. Then I clicked OK and it showed up in Shrink. This is the only movie I can find that does this.

"DVDDecrypter has not been updated nor will it ever be updated."

I wish I had known that before. Thanks for the great info and links. It makes me smile when I see bright people helping strangers. Your parents raised you right :)

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

TinyGiant,
    Rip the movies in File Mode. When you have 20 rips under your belt then try one is .ISO Mode not .IFO Mode but we will worry about that later. If you have any more problems post them back in a new thread and good luck.

6. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

So I have to rip them all over again? Theres no way around it? Bummer, thanks alot though.

7. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

I was ripping in IFO mode. Can I change the MPEG file to an ISO image so I can burn a DVD? I would very much like to give my parents a DVD that works. Thanks again.

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

TinyGiant ,
    Again why are you ripping in .ifo mode? Since you own the original, Re-Rip the DVD in File Mode or .Iso mode and then process it as an .iso if that is what you want. Forget what your friend said as you are making it harder than what it has to be.

9. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

Im not backing up in IFO mode anymore. I have a few movies that I backed up in IFO mode and would like my parents to see. I dont have the original discs anymore. I can now burn backup DVDs fine now that Im decrypting in File Mode, all thanks to this website. I found tons of great info here that helped a bunch. I just want to know if I can burn the DVD that I ripped in IFO Mode, so my parents can play it at home. I searched the forums and dont want to waste anyones time but the only advice I could find was to rip the DVD again and run it through Fix VTS. I dont have the disc and Fix VTS didnt help. Thanks again for your time.

10. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

TinyGiant
    if its an mpeg2 you can run it nero vision then recode or shrink to burn
    i have been doing vhs tapes inputing them in mpeg2 .

11. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

The files in the VIDEO_TS folder are Stream info, IFO file, and an MPEG file. It doesnt say MPEG-1 or MPEG-2, just MPEG.

12. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

13. TinyGiant

TinyGiant Member

So the files I decrypted in IFO mode are AVI format?

14. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

i am not sure still learn avi and all that.. but i think if its and mpeg1 or 2 you can use the link i provided. its just extra steps now because you dont have discs on hand
    IMO does not hurt to try and learn there only disc..

15. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007