1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Bit of Advice.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Ahzyo, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

Well I was wondering what should I do in my current situation.

I currently have one of the original model PSPs(PSP1001)and about a month or two back, after locating it's charger since it was dead for about 5 months, and I accidentally upgraded it to OFW 3.71 not knowing anything about hacking or homebrew. I then discovered I had done something very bad and regret it deeply. Now I want to mod my PSP but unable to do so with downgrading back to 1.5 which is a bit impossible for me because it requires Lumines, which is no where to be found in my area.

Recently, I obtained about 200 or so dollars and I'm wondering what should I do.

Should I:

A: Buy a new PSP (old) with an easy to downgrade FW
    B: Buy another battery and memory stick to make a jigkick and magic memory stick to downgrade my current PSP.
    C: Buy a new PSP and battery, then downgrade both PSPs in my possession if need be.
    D: Give up on the whole idea of hacking a PSP.

Or if you have another option for me that you suggest, please put it out there.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. Poketroid

Poketroid Member

You should only give up on downgrading your PSP if you are completely satisfied with it. If you want to do all of the wonderful things CFW offers, then you should just buy another battery and convert the current one into a jigkick, the memory stick can be used normally unless you have a small memory card, you will probably end up filling it up very quickly like me.

3. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

I only have a 2GB and 32MB Memory Stick that I can use. The 2GB one is a Sandisk, not an official Sony MS. I don't know if that matters or not, but from what I've researched, it's apparently best to use Ms' that are between 256MB and 1GB. I planned on buying either a 4GB Sandisk one but I wouldn't have anything to created the magic stick with.

4. Poketroid

Poketroid Member

I have'nt personaly used a low capacity memory stick, but I hear they don't work. I used a 512MB SanDisk and it worked like a charm and they are very cheap. I've also heard that a 4GB is the max you should try to use to make a Pandora Memory stick but you say you have a 2GB, you can use that one and buy that 4GB only if you run out of room on your 2GB.

5. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

Alright sounds good. I'll most likely be getting the battery tomorrow (well technically today since it's past 12 AM) from BestBuy or somewhere similar to it.

Oh yeah and one more thing, I was reading on Noobz that Pandora's battery doesn't fix....something I can't remember exactly what but the new downgrader they created fixes that but it requires an unpatched lumines. I was wondering if that would affect anything.

6. Poketroid

Poketroid Member

Well I don't know exactly what you mean by "fixes something", but I used the original Pandora and it works just fine. Plus you can't downgrade OFW 3.71 with Lumines, or so I've been told. However, you should buy the high capacity batteries and use the old one for the jigkick, that's what I did and like I said, it worked like a charm.

7. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

8. Poketroid

Poketroid Member

Ok, since it doesn't apply to you then happy downgrading!

9. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

Mhmm! I will enjoy my downgrading.

Thanks for the advice.

10. Poketroid

Poketroid Member

No prob!