1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of help with FF games on psp.

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Dark_Arus, May 2, 2007.

1. Dark_Arus

Dark_Arus Member

Right, basically I really want to play my PS1 Final Fantasy games on my psp. I have all the psp mods n stuff, and I know I can play it as I have already ripped, converted and played chocobo racing.
    My problem is, when I put one of the FF (7, 8 and 9) game CDs on my drive, it reads the CD as having no files on it, although it is full. When I try and rip, then convert it, it says that the file is corrupt.
    Is it copyright protected? Do I need a special or certain program to View/Rip the CD?
    Please help!

2. Blahs

Blahs Member

No, FFs are not copyrighted...i think.
    I made ISOs from my discs and it worked fine. I use Alcohol, but im sure you can use nero or any other ISO maker. After that you have to create an Eboot and keys file with a program like PopstationGUI. Just do a search and you'll find it.

What program are you using to make ISOs with?

3. Dark_Arus

Dark_Arus Member

Hey, Thanks for the reply. I used UltraISO to rip the game, and PopstationGUI to convert it.
    When I try and play the game n PSP, it gets as far as the 3d PS logo with the chime (normal PSX game startup) but hits a black screen after that. It has happened to me on FF 7 and 8, and ehrgeiz. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I managed to get chocobo racing working fine 1st try. Its frustrating.
    When u put your original game CD in yer pc, can u see any files on the disk?
    Thanks.

4. Dark_Arus

Dark_Arus Member

(It only said it was corrupted because I put it in the wrong folder)
    Now it just dosnt work.

5. Blahs

Blahs Member

what folder is that?

Remember to change the kernel speed/mode to 1.5 in the recovery menu, and keep all your ps1 games(eboot and keys) each in their seperate folders in X:/PSP/GAME/FFVII
    where X is your psp and FFVII is your games folder for final fantasy 7.

almost forgot: when i put in my ps1 games in the drive, sometimes I see files and sometimes I don't. it depends on what game it is...cant remember which one do what...sometimes when it shows the disc content, it 2 really small files that dont make out the total content size of the disc, but they can still make ISOs

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  6. Dark_Arus

Dark_Arus Member

Yea, I do keep all my games in their own folders... but whats this Kernal speed/mode thing? Where would I find that?

7. Jason3

Jason3 Guest

turn off your psp, then hold R when you turn it back on. There should be a light blue screen. Go to configuration then change the game folder homebrew setting to the kernel you want

8. Dark_Arus

Dark_Arus Member

Oou cool. I wont get a chance to try it till monday night. Doya think it'll fix it.
    Lol I should try using a PSX emulator on the ISO to actually see if my rip works b4 I convert it. Cant believe I didnt think of that befor, lol.

9. Dark_Arus

Dark_Arus Member

Hey. I have tried changing the kernal to 1.5 as well as changing the cpu speeds and I have had no luck. I also tested my ISO's on a PSX emulator and they do work.
    Any ideas?

10. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

i dont' think the kernal matters, in fact i use 3.30 kernal and my firmware is 3.30 oe-a

its probably the converter, try another one

11. Dark_Arus

Dark_Arus Member

Yea could be. Could you recommend me any? At the moment im using PopstationGUI.

12. Jason3

Jason3 Guest