1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a bit of psp fastloader and umd emulator help plz

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nate853, Feb 10, 2007.

1. nate853

nate853 Member

ya so i just recently downgraded my psp from 3.0.3 to 1.5 and its working the way its supposed to. I followed the guide on this site of how to install fastloader and the umd loader/emulator iuno but when I try to dump the game that is in my umd slot it does so but when I compare the actual size to the one that was dumped its off bye quite a bit.

but even tho i saw that i tried pressing X on my latest dump in fastloader and the psp just froze and i had to turn it off and on again... so i tried loading it with the umd emulator and it froze as well so im kinda stuck here as well..

also i just d.l metal gear solid mobile ops and I dont know where to put the files into my memory stick to make them play because I cant find a iso. file in the metal gear solid rar. file

can someone help quickly im majorly stuck:S

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

3. nate853

nate853 Member

what makes this one good ? can you launch games from it?
    need sum spec plz

4. nypsp

nypsp Member

You have to create a folder in your memory stick name it "ISO" put all your iso games in that folder then u will see the game pop up under fastloader

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

well, first off with fastloader, the dumps have no ending. just rename them to Gamename.iso . if you want to stay on 1.50 and don't upgrade to a custom firmware, get DevHook 0.52. That's the latest loader/firmware emulator so far, it emulates firmware 3.03. fastloader or umd emulator won't load your games anymore, they are just too old. anyway, fastloader is the easiest way of dumping an UMD to the memory stick, just doesn't work under 3.10 OE-A any more, I kind of miss that tool.

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

7. Brickz

Brickz Guest

The custom firmware is great and you don't have to worry about accidental upgrading.

8. nate853

nate853 Member

thanx alot guys i upgraded to the custom firmware and it does as you said it does..but if i wanted to get A psp game not a homebrew such as one from a bittorent where do i put it on my memory stick to make it playable?

9. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

same place, in the ISO folder

10. Brickz

Brickz Guest

Yeah if you have games in the form of iso or cso just put them in the folder and they work fine

11. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Why no mention of having a UMD in the drive. There is a No-UMD option but it's buggy and doesn't work for all games. Best option is to have a UMD Game in the drive.

12. nate853

nate853 Member

you guys say to put it in the iso folder which is in devhook? or tell me where it is, but if the file i download from a bit torrent has 23 diffrent files with it i know i have to join them with winrar but how to i make it an iso or cso and what were you sayin about the no-umd thing?

13. nate853

nate853 Member

hexitnow...you know how you have that picture of that custom firmware on your posts, how do you get all of those icons like that can you tell me? and what were you saying about the no-umd thing?