1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a burn question?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by malavik, Jan 27, 2007.

1. malavik

malavik Member

well i have had several games that i truly love and enjoy. one is predator:Concrete jungle. i am sorry to say the game is to scratched up to play it and enjoy it. so i have several questions asuming since i still own the game i find an iso for the game (I have a friend who has a modded xbox), how do i burn it from the iso i get? and will it work for an un-modded xbox? since i dont feel like voiding my warrenty on precious. any help would be great. so he can get the iso, and i put it on my comp.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

You have to have a modded xbox to play a backed up game.

Any copy program will burn the iso. The easiest program that is free is dvd decrypter. Once you install decrypter, double click iso and decrypter will fire right up ready to burn!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

sorry to say that is true. you need to have a modded system to play any back up games. There are two ways to do this. Getting a mod chip installed which costs a bit more but makes some tasks easier like fixing an xbox who's hard drive or files go corrupt, or taking out that little 8GB hard drive and slapping in a nice 250GB so you can play all your games from the hard drive and save your discs :)

Then there is softmodding, which you can do for free. It is harder to fix corruption problems and swap hard drives. And you need to be careful and do it correctly. But other than that it will do the same as a modchip.

advantages of a modded Xbox:
    1. you can swap out hard drives (great advantage!)
    2. you can FTP files (transfer) between the PC and Xbox
    3. you can back up your games and play backed up games
    4. you can stream music and movies from your PC to the Xbox via a wireless network or crossover cable.
    5. you can use hacked dashboards that offer a lot of nice features.
    and i am sure other things i have forgotten.

Disadvantages are for people who use Xbox Live, you have to use special proceedures to play on XBL and not get banned.
    For people who don't there are no disadvantages i can think of.