1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Burnt game wont play disc 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Norm_au, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

Hi,
    i burnt a copy of nfs underground,disc 1 loads fine,disc 2 comes back with this error,(please insert the correct cd-rom,select ok and restart application) i used nero express 5.5 to burn the disc'.
    my burner is a Lite-on cd-rw ATAPI-interface 52x32x52x

i thank you for any help you might be able to give me on this matter,and i hope i did enough home work to have posted in the right area,if not ,ppplease be gentle.

Norm. . .

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Nero won't defeat the copy protection that games use so you'll need something like Alcohol 120%, BlindWrite5 or Clone CD to back up your games :)

3. 2005

2005 Regular member

Yep... nero aint got notin on the newer versions of safedisk 2 and 3. *hint*

4. Norm_au

Norm_au Guest

Hi again,
    i went and got Alcohol 120%,its only the trial job,any way,i burnt again,now the disc is reading,but when it boots up into game,every thing is colored squares and they are unreadable,uhhhhhh,so,its unplayable,thx again for any help on this matter,be well and God Bless you all.
    Norm . . .
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2004
  5. Nephilim

Hi,

It appears Vice City is SecuRom 4.x protected so you'll want to select the SecuRom New (4.x/5.x) profile and ensure the read/write speeds are set to 4X.

A120 sometimes isn't the best app for SecuRom so you may want to download the trial for BlindWrite 5 which is very good at SecuRom :)

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Need For Speeed: Underground is Safedisc cd protected (not sure what version). Your Litey can defeat this cd protection but you'll need a program like Alcohol 120%, CloneCD or Blindwrite 5. Make sure you play your backup of the Safedisc protected cd in a dvd or cd rom, not a burner.

7. Nephilim

Who was the idiot talking about GTA!?! :p