1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Challenge (Changing Music)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Cthulhu, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Cthulhu

Cthulhu Member

Someone posted the other day asking about if it was possible to change the music. I feel that it definitely is possible if you can get to it, replace your own music in place of what you want to exchange while converting it to the proper type.

There are two games that I would love to be able to do this to (well two games so far):

Burnout 3
    GTA: San Andreas

I'm not too fond of the music in either game and would prefer having some different music in them.

My challenge then is for someone that has had experience with modding games to assist, or someone that knows of a place where I can find out how to do this myself.

In GTA:SA the music is in PAK files, so my task is to find a proggie to extract and build PAK files or what not. :)

I appreciate the help.

2. spambanjo

spambanjo Guest

Hell yeah!! That's the spirit.

I was thinking of modding GTA:SA myself and have already opened the DVD image with ISO buster to take a looksie. The game is built much like the previous GTA games and even uses the same TXD/DFF format of the previous 2, which have already been modded to buggery on the PC.

I was only realy looking to see what was possible already before i start playing around, So props on the idea and keep us informed on your progress...

...ps, it may be worth you taking a look at some of the GTA modding sites already active, Maybee you'll find that one of the sound converters already used will work... gonna try it myself so I'll let you know.

3. spambanjo

spambanjo Guest

I had a look and the old audio format is ADF, not PAK like the new one :(