1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A cheap compact camera with good battery life?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by wheelstb, May 29, 2014.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Hello,

I have some questions before I purchase a digital camera. Here's what I'm looking for:

--A camera under $150.
    --One that is light, small and rugged, it will be used on outdoor jobsites.
    --Best battery life.

In this situation, battery life is very important. Does anyone have any advice when it comes to which batteries should last longer? I really don't understand this stuff, but it seems like lithium ion might be the way to go.

Any general advice or advice on battery life would be greatly appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can always carry spare batteries or battery packs. what resolution do you want?

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i find the best camera batteries i use are double A rechargeable eneloop batteries they seem to last the longest

currently using an old kodak easy share, I'm not up to date with latest in cameras.

4. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I know that I can always carry spare batteries. I still would like to know a little bit about if one is going to last reasonably longer than the other.

The resolution doesn't need to be spectacular. It's going to be used for a municipality to take pictures of outdoor jobsites. I was told that as long as it could take 5 MB pictures we should be okay. I'm not sure if there is a hard relationship between resolution and the size of the picture or if she simply meant to say five megapixel resolution would be okay.

Is there any real way to tell which battery will last the longest? I know a large part of it has to do with the number of features you are using.

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the higher the resolution the bigger the file size is usually.
    depending on what you are viewing the pictures on the bigger the screen the more you'll notice pixel resolution.
    the difference between megapixels on a camera is like on a video you will notice a poor quality movie rip compared to a blu ray same thing only still picture not video.