1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a couple of psp problems....please read....please....

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by LUFFYPSP, Mar 31, 2007.

1. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i've bought my psp last year.and the seller told me that my psp version is a multiversion, which is when i fully turn my psp off it become the ver1.5 and if i turn the psp normally/sleep, it become the ver2.71.On 2.71 i can play homebrew games using umd disc(must use) and cannot use any loaders such as devhook.in 1.5 i must use the devhook(0.44) to play homebrew games.which one is the right version? 1.5 or 2.71?

and how should i know my motherboard is TA-082 r not?

what is firmware 3.03oe-c? can it play homebrew?

on my psp box, it is wrote that my psp is the kind of psp-1002k.is it matter if i want to upgrade or update my psp?

how bout version 3.10 and ver 3.11?can they play homebrew?

if u need to know anything so that u can answer my Q,email me at [removed]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  2. jarrod40

jarrod40 Regular member

3. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

that means i can play any homebrew games, whether it's a new or old games?

4. jarrod40

jarrod40 Regular member

3.03OE-C is 1.5 and 3.03 firmwire put in to 1

so you can play homebrew,iso's,umd's and ps1 games ect. on it

5. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i juz know that my psp's motherboard is not TA-082. can i still upgrade to ver 3.03oec?

6. fultonla

fultonla Guest

yes you can

7. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i've downloaded the 3.03oe-c winstaller.but i still do not understand its instructions.can u pliz explain slowly and deeply step by step coz i really2 dont want my psp to brick...

8. jendrin

jendrin Member

after you have downloaded the 3.03OE-C downgrader, hook your psp via usb to your pc.Once you estbalish a connection, use the installer to transfer all the files to your psp.just follow the steps.

9. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

do i need to format my memory stick?

by the way you said 3.03oe-c downgrader? do i need it?

10. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

if i need to format my mem stick, i need to format in what? in pc or in my psp?

11. fultonla

fultonla Guest

first format your psp memory stick from the psp system settings menu. then restore default settings.

run the psp 3.03 oe-c upgrade winstaller.

go on your psp go to the game menu go to memory stick then run the update

after that follow the instructions and make sure your psp is fully charged and plugged into the ac adapter

once the updater starts i recomend not touching your psp unless it tells you to.

after it is finished and you restart check your system settings -> system information it should say 3.03 oe-c

hope that helps

12. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

well i juz upgrade my psp n guess what all of my worries have gone. my psp went smoothly with the new version. but i want to know that means i juz have one ver only this tim, do i?

i dunno to place my iso game in what folder,pliz...can u tell me?

and shoud i delete the 3.03 updater in my mem stick?

anyway thanxs fultonla 4 ur guide. and also thanxs for all that answer and help to other users that help me in this and my another thread.

13. fultonla

fultonla Guest

I'm glad it all worked out for you.

concerning your questions i recommend reformatting your memory stick and restoring default settings.

after you have done this there should be a folder on your memory stick called ISO just put all your iso/cso files in there and run them from the game menu.

make sure you have any umd in the drive when you do this as some games wont work with out a umd in the drive

if you want to use emulators or other homebrew apps you have to go into recovery mode (hold down r while turning on psp from hard reset)-->configuration-->game folder homebrew--> and change it to the 1.50 kernel.

after that you can put the files in the game150 folder on your memory stick in the psp folder. remember that is only for homebrew apps with an eboot file not an iso/cso

14. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Dude, edit out your addy

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

luffypsp,

Let's have a look at the forum rules you agreed to - posting email addies isn't allowed.

16. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

what is addy/addies??

if i hard reset my psp, did i still in the 3.03oe-c?

and also, i got a umd demo disc along with my psp when i bought i. i used it and it worked well for the game that need umd as u said. but it also got something that bothers me such as some demo games n movie trailer n a couple of songs in the umd disc. the one that i hate the most in that umd is it got the PSP Update ver 2.00 icon.

can i remove the contents? or at least can i remove the ver2.00 updater?

if i cant remove it, what if i accidently hit the ver 2.00 updter? will it change my 3.03oe-c immediately to ver 2.00?

17. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

another Q i forgot...

what if i dont want to reformatting my mem stick or restore default settings? did it affect my system or somethin'?

i've created the ISO folder on my own and it worked well. or do i still need to format the mem stick n rstore dfault settings? or if i dont do that, will i miss any important folder that wiil automatically exist when i format my mem stick?

by the way for the moderator, i'm sorry 4 not reading the rules well n will try not to do the same mistakes again...

18. fultonla

fultonla Guest

i recomend formatting your memorystick because it will create all the folders you need automatically but it's your choice

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

luffypsp,

Addy/addies means your email address. You also haven't read the forum rules yet or you'd also know to edit your last post rather than double post if yours is the last post in a thread. There's a link to the forum rules in my sig - I suggest you read them.