1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of Q's concerning Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by amitguru, Mar 4, 2007.

1. amitguru

amitguru Guest

Hey,
    I was going to purchase a MacBook Pro soon and run Leopard on it as soon as it comes out. Since Virtual PC is gonna be discontinued and I dont want to use any other virtualization tool for the Mac, I thought I waould go for Boot Camp.

Q no 1. Will I be able to install Windows Vista?
    Q no 2. If I wanted to install XP, will I be able to install XP through a fake/pirated XP SP2 disc?

That's all thanks :)

2. Karma50

Karma50 Member

OnMac is the best resource for discussion on Windows on a Intel Mac specifically check out the Wiki.

Evidently Vista works with BootCamp (I haven't tried, I use XP SP2) check out these instructions.

In answer to your second question, you should NEVER attempt to use fake or pirated software. This is bad um-kay! Piracy is a major problem on the internet and it illegal. In fact, I am pretty sure (although not positive) that some miscreants are not deterred by BootCamp's incompatibility with fake XP disks and are using an open-source alternative called XOM to put illegal versions of XP on their Macs. Someone should really do something to try to stop them.

3. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

As far as i know boot camp will install fake/pirated SP2 xp disc's or also know as Volume licenses. You could always get a hold of an OEM disk of XP SP2 and just use your key off your dell, HP, Compaq etc.

4. neurokasm

neurokasm Member

1. yes
    2. yes