1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of questions about possibly selling my modded PS2 V9

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Rawking, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Rawking

Rawking Member

I guess my first question is, is it legal to sell it (in the U.S.)? Can I sell it on Ebay? I didn't see any modded PS2's for auction when I checked a few minutes ago.

2nd question: How much can I expect to get for a rarely used V9 with a Crystal Chips 2.0 SLE, 320 GB Maxtor HDD (obviously it has a network adapter). I had it modded by Norcalmods in April/2007, I guess I had it done right in the nick of time, since they shut down soon after.
    My interests have shifted elsewhere (astrophotography) so the PS2 is getting dusty.
    Thanks, Rawking

2. KMK

KMK Regular member

Try craigslist or sell.com. Ebay does not allow modded ps2's.

3. bradhunt

bradhunt Member

1: They honestly don't give a damn, you could sell pirated disks (Not saying do it >_>) and they still wouldn't care... The only way E-Bay notices is if someone reports it, then it goes through a nice long claims section, and by then the auction ends and E-Bay can't stop you from doing anything once someone wins it. If you notice, there are about 3-4 modded ps2's up right now (as of this time), and some have been up for days. Put your listing at 3 days and you'll be fine.

2: Rule of thumb is ps2 + modchip x2 for E-Bay starting price.
    A used ps2 in okay shape goes for 40-50$, bare-bones. so lets say the mod-chip costs 50$, 50$ x 2 + 40 = 140$ (But that's if there are buyers/if you're lucky), last night I saw one with one of them old crap modchips go for 190$.. And it had NOTHING.

4. KMK

KMK Regular member

Ebay has something now that doesn't allow certain words about modding to be posted. The auction goes right to the ebay support people to review. Anyone find a way around this?

5. bradhunt

bradhunt Member

Use 'Mod' or 'Able to play imports', or even 'has pre-mod' instead of modchip, there are several auctions on E-Bay right now for modded ps2s that have been up.. Here's a couple links:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-2-S...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStatio...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or just search up Ps2 mod on ebay, and those should come up.

As I said, E-Bay really doesn't care, and by the time they get to it, it's too late.

6. KMK

KMK Regular member

Those two listing you entered have been removed already. I don't think its quite as easy as you think.

7. rct1718

rct1718 Member

You can sell modded consoles using ioffer.com. I managed to sell my modded PS2 slim a month ago on that website. It's similar to eBay, but instead of auctions, buyers make offers for items (hence the name "ioffer") or sellers post set prices. You can say the site uses a bargaining approach to selling and buying. In my opinions, it's an excellent website with an established, rapidly growing community.

8. KMK

KMK Regular member

How much did you sell it for?