1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of questions before purchasing an Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bunny_c, Jul 1, 2007.

1. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

When the XBOX 360 originally came out i kept thinking that it was ridiculous to buy something that was the price of a computer and that could only do half the things a computer could.
    I then played it properly for the first time and realised how fun it was and actually how good the graphics were!

One of my main questions is:
    How much money would it cost to get a graphic card that is capable of having as good of graphics as the Xbox 360 and that would work on an average machine?

Recently i have heard rumours of a price drop which would make me definitely purchase one.
    Does anybody know when this possible price drop would occur?
    Of how much will the price be dropped by?

IF there's anything else i should know before buying it...

2. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Know that it's worth buying, whether there is a forthcoming drop or no.

I'm sure you could get a good PC with a good graphics card and have games running at the same quality, but it would cost a fair bit, too, as you wouldn't be just purchasing a game machine.

Also, a lot of the games that come out on the 360 don't find their way onto PC; on the other hand, the PC gets games that the 360 won't.

Online Multilayer, in my opinion, is a better experience on the 360, albeit it isn't free like on PC.

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

It depends on the game somewhat. For example to get a compuyter to run oblivion at how it runs on 360, you need to put $1500-$2000 on that PC. But other less demanding games like vitua tennis3, it probabaly wont take much to run well on a pc.

overall its worth it because buy this, and you are set for half a decade without upgrading. A PC goes obsolete beofre it arrives at your doorstep.

4. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Xbox live does sound appealing.

OK, I'm buying one.

I don't see a point in getting the Xbox with a bigger hard drive as you can apparently stream music and movies directly from your PC.

I've decided I'm buying one whether or not there is a price drop but i would be slightly irritated if i were to buy one and a week after there were to be a price drop, so if anybody has any info please inform me.

I appreciate the help, thanks.

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Their will most likely be a price drop around the holidays to kill the competition(Halo 3 & then a price drop,Sony cant stand a chance).
    Welcome to the Xbox 360:)

6. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Great.

I'll wait untill the end of the holidays before purchasing.

7. leif24

leif24 Member

Any Idea when we will see new xbox version with newer processor? I'll wait for this, especially if it has hdmi.

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Get it at Best Buy, then you have 30 days if the price drops they will give you the difference and 10%. Also, get a premium.

9. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

They should be out by the end of the year if not early next year.They should of been out by now but who knows what happend..PS the Premium and Core 360's are not going to get HDMI if you want that get an Elite

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  10. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

A new processor? Is that even confirmed or just speculation? I doubt they'd re-release the 360 for the third time with new processors.

11. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Smaller,cheaper,faster,and cooler cpu should come soon(has been confimed)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  12. brifa

brifa Regular member

listen i sold my 360 to get some xtra money for a ps3....to make it short ...i want my 360 back

13. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

The dumbest mistake of youre life by far lol

14. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Xbox Live is defiantely worth the purchase alone..once you play games like Gears of War online you won't be able to put the controller down.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
  15. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Nice, nice, but they should've put a better one in in the first place. It's not fair with all these re-releases and such: they should allow for a free CPU upgrade.

16. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Buying a PS3 never entered my head for the one and only reason of the price being outrageous.
    Usually I'm a fan of Nintendo but the lack of games available is making me change my mind.

It seems to be that the Xbox 360 has everything you could want on a game system, good graphics,good gameplay and a a lot of games available.

17. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeap. last round i bought a nintendo gamecube and i was very dissapointed it the lack of good 'mature' games. it seems all games were really kiddy. (that seems to change with manhunt 2 for wii) i avoided the mistake this time and went straght for 360.

18. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

I have a Wii and I loved it at first but now I find it boring,it's time for a change.