1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a couple questions about backing up xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by clownz325, Nov 26, 2004.

1. clownz325

clownz325 Member

I need some help on modding an Xbox. I've recently searched your forums for help and found lots of good stuff. But I need it to be kinda explained. I know the basics (or i think) I need a modchip and some programs to flash my xbox bios. I've found great guides (seamonky's) and hope to buy an xbox and mod it. All i want to do is backup my games so when my lil' cousins come over they dont break or scratch my disc's.

1. What is Flashing your xbox
    2. I want a Xenium ICE solderless or XecuterLite2.6 Solderless, can those allow me to play backups?
    3. Is there an easier cheaper way to JUST play backups because alot of these mods to stuff i dont even know about or will use
    4. I know what the dashboard is, but not sure what you have to do in there to play backups.

Thanks alot guys for helping
    i just see and hear about alot of ppl playing backups and dont want to buy halo 2 and it get scratched and get choppy so i cant enjoy it. THANKS

2. clownz325

clownz325 Member

grrr no one helps me!! lol can i get just 1 answer??

3. clownz325

clownz325 Member

what a useless forum its been like a week now and no one has helped.....u'd think the moderaters would look and see, no hard feelings. i've learned alot from this website. But no one can answer these simple little questions.....jeez

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

"1. What is Flashing your xbox
    2. I want a Xenium ICE solderless or XecuterLite2.6 Solderless, can those allow me to play backups?
    3. Is there an easier cheaper way to JUST play backups because alot of these mods to stuff i dont even know about or will use
    4. I know what the dashboard is, but not sure what you have to do in there to play backups."

1. Flashing your xbox is basically setting up a new bios in your xbox to read other discs other than xbox game discs and American DVDs. The bios is really the part that controls what your xbox reads, that's why it's important.

2. Yes, those mod chips will let you play backup games. And I think Xecuter mod chips have their own bios, so you don't have to flash your xbox if they do.

3. No. You have to flash your xbox to play backups, and then you need a dashboard to make backups of your games (to get a direct rip because that's the only way to get a true backup)

4. The dashboard is essential mostly for making backups and for setting up bigger harddrives in the xbox.

5. clownz325

clownz325 Member

wow thanks q, that really cleared up alot for me. Thanks! :D

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

7. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

the dashboard isn't totally like that but can be used like that, to me it's more of your desktop or ie the visual part of the os. It would allow you to have access to the programs that allow you to do such things as making backups and then to make a bigger hdd that would deal also within the bios or programs but not the dashboard, it is only a means of access nothing more (although some dashs do now allow backing up games and sometimes allowing the formatting of a new hdd but remember it's all about how you modded it from there). I don't mean to rag on you but the dash is how you explained it but also more.

Hoped that explained it a little more (not much but hey),
    Degalle