1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Adammac, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Adammac

Adammac Member

Im new to the whole burning ps2 games, so bare with me

I ordered Swap Disk v. 3.3 yesterday, it should get here today or tommorow. In order to use this, is the flip top cover mandatory, or does it just make it easier?

I won't get my dvd burner until christmas. Is there any specific one I need, or will any one do? I have Alcohol 120% and DVD Decryptor. When I get my dvd burner, should I buy dvd-r discs or dvd+r? And should the burner be one that works with both, or is that more money?

Also, is there anyway to get ps2 games besides borrowing them from people and burning them? I know most rental stores have locks on their games, and I tried downloading the torrents off suprnova.org and they didn't download... im really new to this, any help'd be appreciated. And can I just take any normal dvd and copy it, or is there a different process?

Thanks again :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. a fliptop or slide card is needed, but fliptop is easier
    2. use -r discs, i would get a burner that burns both. you can get a pioneer 108 for $70 on pricewatch.com
    3. lol, games at the rental store are no different than the ones you buy. If they could prevent you from copying games, the game company would do that in the first place.

3. Adammac

Adammac Member

Alright, my slide card and swap disk came in the mail, but I guess I gotta wait till I get my burner to test it out. So I can just rent a game, copy it, and own it? Im really new to this... thanks :)

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i cannot legally answer that.

5. Adammac

Adammac Member

Okay, thanks for all your help man :)