1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A different way to capture videos/sound (??)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by johnnyemh, Feb 15, 2012.

1. johnnyemh

johnnyemh Member

Hello guys:
    When you play either a video or a musical item from the internet, clearly the video (sound) information is automatically downloaded to some temporary file in Windows (I guess - you can see the download), in such a way that the video (sound) is going to be played smoothly (still guessing); and when you are done playing it, Windows automatically erases the item/video-info from the PC. It seems to me that if we want to capture a given video, an easy way should be to copy the item/video-info to other place in which Ws wouldn't erase it. I am right or wrong? If right, does somebody know where is located that temporary file in Ws? Is that item/video-info playable with a common player as VLC for instance?

I'll be thankful for any input in regard to this issue.
    Cheers

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Sure, the video is cached on your machine. And, it's not very good about erasing them either. You never know the things you'll find when snooping around someones computer cache....

The easiest way to download these videos though is using browser script addons. Start by googling greasemonkey. It's easy to use, and can pull video off a ton of different sites.