1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A downloaded movie burn

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Ristle, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Ristle

Ristle Member

Hi, I'm kinda new to doing this, and haven't tried it properly yet. I am currently downloading LoTR, The two towers off kazaa and was wondering how im gonna fit both pieces (Theres 2 part to it) on one DVD. It's in avi format and pretty big, so is there any good compressors that would fit both onto one one disk, and can anyone please give me information about how to make it run the best it could. I am willing to download software to do it ^_^ Please help (I'm giving it to my mum as a mothers day gift if it works lol) Thanks a lot!
    ~Ristle

2. Ristle

Ristle Member

Please Can someone help! I really need this info and dont want it to go down the drain please!

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

first, if it's AVI and you put it on a dvd, your dvd player wont read it. second, I've seen the LOTR in avi format and it's small enough to fit on a dvd-r. third and most important, because you downloaded it from kazaa, what you are talking about is illegal and cant be discussed here. the best advice i could give is to buy the movie, make a backup for yourself and let your mom "borrow" yours. discussing anything else would be borderline piracy and is simply not allowed here.

4. Ristle

Ristle Member

ok I won't. Just tell me this... How do I change it from avi and what do i change it to to make my DVD player read it?