1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Dumb Question (dont laugh)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cherrypop, Jul 30, 2003.

1. cherrypop

cherrypop Member

Alright I am sure this has been asked before, but I have searched and cant find the question put in these exact words. So......

I have downloaded the movie Cradle 2 The Grave. It is a DVD rip in NTSC/SVCD format and the file is Cradle.mpg . I can watch it on my comp all day long, but I want to watch it on my tv so what I am asking is..... what do I need to do to get the .mpg file to play in my dvd player?

Sorry if I am coming across as dumb but I dont know what else to do. Please help.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I gotsta know what file format your home dvd player supports (VCD, SVCD). Look for a "PBC" funtion on your remote (or home dvd player) and if ye find one, then you can play SVCD format! (the best besides MPEG4= DivX)

Shoey :)

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You can use Nero 6 to burn SVCD, make sure you select the SVCD template NOT the vcd template!

But first make sure your DVD Player can play it, and if it can play CD-R media etc etc, http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers