1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A DVD drive detection problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by blueraven, Aug 29, 2002.

1. blueraven

blueraven Guest

What happens is that I put the CD in the DVD drive and it fails to notice that there is a CD in there (message : "D:\ is not accessible, device is not ready" when i click on the DVD icon) It is visible in control panel/system and it is reportedly working properly (but its not). I have tried reinstalling the device, removing it then reinstalling windows. Can anyone plz help?

2. blueraven

blueraven Guest

Anyone at all?

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I have the exact same problem with my Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616F. When I asked an uncle of mine who has been working in computers for years about it, he said to test and see if it isn't broken by entering you bios setup and changing your boot sequence to cd-rom, hard disk, floppy + put your setup/boot cd into the drive. If it reads the cd and gives a table of contents then its ok but if it doesn't, your dvd drive is fried. When I put cds into my drive nothing happened at all yet my device manager said it was working properly. Im sorry to tell you that you more than likely need a new dvd drive.